MA in Fashion, Retail and Luxury Management (Online)
Our MA merges aspects retail and management, resulting in you gaining knowledge and skill in more than one discipline and therefore exceeding the luxury sector’s standard expectations. From analysis of the fashion system to the study of marketing techniques and the detailed research into brand management to distribution scenario case studies, the content of our MA Fashion, Retail and Luxury Management course will provide you with an extremely thorough understanding of the industry. The course also looks closely at fashion as a cultural, social and historical system characterised by ever-evolving trends.
The course provides further insight into the industry in the form of guest speakers, trade visits and exhibition trips, allowing you to get a feel for the real working world of fashion and luxury.
After successful completion of the programme, you will have the opportunity to enrol onto our work placement scheme in order to gain valuable experience and make contacts within the industry, possibly leading to permanent employment.
Who is this course for?
Candidates with a first degree within business, design or related areas who would like to gain specialist knowledge of the management and visualisation of fashion, retail and luxury brand projects. Their desired future industry role can be based within the creative or business sectors as both aspects are accommodated within the programme.
- Essentials and Principals of Fashion Marketing and Luxury Brand Management
- Sustainable Fashion Branding
- Fashion Marketing and Retailing in the Luxury sector: Store location and visual merchandising
- History of Fashion and concept of luxury applied to consumer behaviour new (the Origins of Fashion)
- Principals of Fashion Management and Administration
- Made in Italy: Arts, Fashion Meets identity
- Made in Italy: History of Italian Fashion
- Innovative tactics of fashion e-tailing: The application of new technology and its impact on supply chain
- Brand Globalisation
- Professional practise in the luxury brand industry (Internship focus module)
- Bachelor’s degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent in any subject. Language proficiency: minimum IELTS 5.5.Alternative - Students who fail to meet academic requirements can be assessed on their relevant work experience (3 years management experience minimum for mature study route). Plus CV, Photograph and 2 references